WSU faculty, graduate and undergraduate students working in areas related to Alaska Airlines Imagine Tomorrow’s competition categories qualify to receive these miles. The miles will be distributed over three years starting in 2016, with one million granted each year.
The 2017 Alaska Airlines Travel Awards application closed on October 28, 2016.
The review committee awarded all of the 2017 miles from the fall application round, there will not be a second round for 2017 travel this year. Please check back in October 2017 for the 2018 application.
- Applicants must be WSU faculty members, students or student groups conducting research or activities related to increasing sustainability in one or more of the following Alaska Airlines Imagine Tomorrow categories:
- The Itron Food, Energy and Water Nexus (must touch on all three parts)
- The Boeing Aerospace Challenge
- The Biofuels Challenge
- The McKinstry Built Environment Challenge
- Applicants must be seeking travel for:
- Attending external conferences, industry events or presentations
- Bringing an expert(s) to campus for lectures or events related to the above categories
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate high applicability to the Imagine Tomorrow categories, have financial need, and will be actively involved at the activity of their choosing (such as presenting at a conference vs. attending).
A panel will review each round of applications. If you receive an award, the review committee will contact you about the process for booking your flights.
Contact Rachelle Rozsonits at email@example.com, or 206-219-2420.